If the phone is not registering you pressing a button, this is a touch-tone issue. This is not an issue with the system because if you get to the point of talking to someone through the system or to touch buttons, each leg of the call has been forwarded successfully. This issue is with the phone or with the phone service. One somewhat common cause of our customers’ touch-tone issues is WiFi calling.
If you are encountering this issue, please make sure your phone has WiFi calling turned off.
Turning WiFi calling off depends on the phone. Here are links to some phones’ instructions on how to do so:
If you continue having issues with your phone you can call your phone company and/or submit a support ticket by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Helpful information to include in the ticket regarding technical issues are:
- If this issue is happening with any of your other providers
- The name of the provider having this issue
- What kind of phone the provider has
- An example call where the error has occurred
- The phone number(s) involved in this example call
- And the date and time of the call