An exception should be scheduled whenever your practice wishes to change the provider on call for any portion of the call schedule outside of your normal shifts or hours. This can be a different start or stop time and can also include portions of an existing shift. To schedule an exception using the call schedule, the covering provider must be a user on your account. If they are not a user please see the steps to schedule an external provider. An exception can last for two hours or even for two weeks. To schedule an exception please follow the steps below.
- Log in to your On Call Central account using your account specific URL.
- Go to Schedule.
- Go to Departments.
- Ensure that you’re viewing the correct department by looking to the left of your screen.
- Once you are viewing the call schedule, look to the bottom left corner of the page. There will be a button that says Add Schedule Exception.
- Click the button. Once the button has been clicked, you will be able to add a start and stop time, along with the name of the provider who will be covering.
- You can also change the provider on call by going to the app and on the overview screen that pops up hitting “Change Provider”.
**Note that exceptions can be edited any time before they begin. Once the exception has taken place it automatically switches back to the normal person placed on the call schedule (in green).
Follow the link below for a visual on how to complete this process.