The following directions will detail how properly schedule an external provider using our previous method. We have since simplified this process and if you wish to learn the newer method please follow the link above. The process to schedule a covering provider who is not a user within your account is different than the process to schedule a provider to cover who is a registered user. Instead of using the exception tool to schedule this covering provider you will need to substitute your practice’s normal voice menu for an updated one. We use voice menus in this case because if a provider is not associated with an account they cannot be placed on the regular call schedule. Please use the following guidelines to complete this process:
- If you do not currently have a voice menu that includes your covering provider, please submit a support ticket so that we can create one for you.
- Include the name of the provider and any additional changes you would like made on the voice menu.
- If you do currently have a voice menu that sends urgent calls to the provider who is covering, it will need to be scheduled.
- Log in to your On Call Central account using your account specific URL.
- Go to Schedule.
- Go to Voice Menu.
- Click on Add Exception and select the menu that includes the covering provider to play.